This is the time of year that all your taxing districts are voting on their upcoming budgets and tax rates.
Hays County Commissioners, Hays CISD, Dripping Springs ISD, San Marcos CISD, Wimberley ISD, the city councils in Buda, Dripping Springs, Kyle, San Marcos and Wimberley are all deciding what your new tax rate will be on your property taxes and how much they will be spending in their budgets.
There’s an old saying, “all politics start at the local level.” Important decisions on rules, laws, ordinances, codes, and a large portion of our taxes are decided at the local level during meetings that most residents don’t give a second thought about.
The issues that affect your city, county, schools and every day of your life are discussed and decided on during these meetings. It is up to all of us to keep our local officials honest and shape the future of our county, school districts and cities.
These weekly meetings, where important decisions are made for Hays County, schools and schools districts and the surrounding local municipalities of Buda, Dripping Springs, Kyle, San Marcos and Wimberley are listed below.
Each page includes links to the official agenda, meeting minutes, agenda packets and live or archived videos and/or audio (if available) for each of the government entities…
How it ends, begins with you.
• Meetings Scheduled for the Week of August 19, 2019 •
Click on the links below to view meeting agendas, agenda packets, past meeting minutes, links to where you can view past meetings and where to find the live streaming meetings!
Monday, August 19
• Hays CISD Board of Trustees Regular Meeting (5:30 PM)
• San Marcos CISD Board of Trustees Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• Wimberley ISD Board of Trustees Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• Dripping Spring ISD Board of Trustee Agenda Review (6:30 PM)
Tuesday, August 20
• Hays County Commissioners Court Regular Meeting (9:00 AM)
• San Marcos City Council Work Session (3:00 PM)
• Buda City Council Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• Dripping Springs City Council Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• Kyle City Council Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• San Marcos City Council Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• Wimberley City Council Budget Workshop (6:00 PM)
Wednesday, August 21
• NO MEETINGS SCHEDULED
Thursday, August 22
• Wimberley ISD Board of Trustees Special Meeting (5:30 PM)
Friday, August 23
• NO MEETINGS SCHEDULED
• No Meetings Scheduled for the Week of August 19, 2019 •
Buda Planning & Zoning
Dripping Springs Planning & Zoning
San Marcos Planning & Zoning
Wimberley Planning & Zoning