According to the City of Buda, the Old Goforth Road construction, both lanes will remain closed between FM 2001 and Tom Green School Road.
- The southbound lane of Old Goforth is open between Tom Green School Road and Hillside Terrace.
- Northbound Old Goforth is closed between FM 2001 and Hillside Terrace.
- The closures will last through approximately August.
The contractor is anticipating to have the road reopened by the time school starts in August. The road improvement project is part of the bond package passed in 2014.
The general scope of work for this project includes:
- Dedicated left and right turn lanes at Tom Green Elementary
- Intersection safety improvements at FM 2001
- Increase pedestrian connectivity between subdivisions and school
- Aesthetic enhancements