Hays County Courthouse, TX – Hays County Local Health Department (HCLHD) reports 47 new lab-confirmed cases along with one (1) new hospitalization and no new hospital discharges. There are 37 additional persons considered recovered. The total number of persons considered recovered is 18,776. This report covers July 8-9, 2021.
The current total of lab-confirmed cases for Hays County since the beginning of the pandemic is 19,238. Hays County has 199 active cases. In the past 21 days there have been 280 active cases. Hays County has had 918 total COVID-related hospitalizations and eight (8) people are currently hospitalized.
NOTE: During a routine weekly data audit, HCLHD removed one (1) case due to out of county or duplicate.
Upcoming ‘no appointment needed’ vaccine clinics:
- Monday-Friday, Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines @ Live Oak Community Clinic, 401 Broadway, San Marcos, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Every Thursday and Friday – Pfizer vaccine @ CommuniCare, 2810 Dacy Ln., Kyle, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- DSHS/TDEM map of vaccine providers
- Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler
- Texas Vaccine Data
- Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Wasted Report
Where and how to get vaccinated, and get your questions answered.
NOTE: HAYS COUNTY CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED FRIDAY, JULY 9, AT 2:36 PM
NOTE: TEXAS STATE CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED FRIDAY, JULY 9, AT 2:30 PM
*NOTE: U.S. & INTERNATIONAL CASE COUNTS & STATS UPDATED ON FRIDAY, JULY 9, AT 3:31 AM
RELATED HAYS COUNTY & TEXAS VACCINE STORIES…
- State launches vaccine call center to connect organizations, businesses with mobile vaccine teams
- Texas shifts from COVID-19 vaccine allocation to ordering
- COVID-19 vaccine demand drops in Texas, though less than a quarter of the population is fully vaccinated
- Texas recommends resuming Johnson & Johnson vaccine shots after CDC, FDA give the green light