WHO WE ARE
We are committed to living, working, and delivering your local news every day with High Standards, Code of Ethics, and Mission, which can be found here.
Our Central Texas Region As many of you may already know, Hays County, and in particular San Marcos, has been named the fastest growing area in the United States for 2012, 2013, and 2014. San Marcos’ location along IH-35 within the centralized location of Hays County in Texas is only part of the reason we have been nicknamed the “The Innovation Corridor.” The Driving Forces of Our Innovation Corridor Texas State University and the Greater San Marcos Partnership, along with Hays County are the driving forces behind the given name of, “The Innovation Corridor.” These entities have the foresight and passion to play an integral role in positioning our region as the indisputable “Innovation Corridor” and Corridor News strives every day to do our part to live up to this concept. Local Pride Our entire team is local, from our Web Designer, Reporters, Columnists, Managing Editor, and Publisher. We live here, work here, raise our children here; we even attend school here, volunteer our time, spend our money here, and participate actively as members of this community. What affects your life, affects ours. No One is Perfect When we make a mistake—and from time to time, we will—we will work quickly to fully address the error, correcting it within the format. If you find an error, please email Corrections@SMCorridorNews.com.
Our Mission The mission of San Marcos Corridor News is to provide our readers with accurate, informative reporting, as well as an outlet for community engagement, discourse, and integration, promoting a strong sense of community. We believe the information that affects your daily life should not come with a price tag or subscription fee. This mission backs our values and guidelines set in our Code of Ethics. Exceptional circumstances may require exceptions to these rules. With technology and the news industry changing as it does, we will update when it might affect this document.
Becky Miller, Weekly Columnist“Living Outside The Lines”An Air Force brat originally from Charleston, South Carolina, Becky moved to Texas during her high school years, eventually migrating to San Marcos in 2003. Married for 30 years with three grown children, she has also lived in Florida, Idaho, and Italy, and is a woman with many passions.A graduate of Texas State University, Becky has always enjoyed writing, but her passion for the subject was ignited during a college writing course. She credits her professor with encouraging her talent and giving her confidence a boost. Becky is a contributing author to, “From the Heart: A Collection of Stories and Poems from the Front Lines of Parenting”.Becky began publishing a blog in 2009, which eventually led to her San Marcos Corridor News lifestyle column, “Living Outside the Lines” in 2015.In addition to writing Becky, is a competitive distance runner, a hobby that brought her to the 2015 London Marathon, and that sometimes contributes to the subject matter in her column.Her passport includes stamps from Italy, Greece, China, Hong Kong, Haiti, Guatemala, Africa, England, and Mexico. She loves to travel but especially enjoys it when her travels take her to the mission field to love on babies.Surviving a broken neck during a horrific car accident, she earned the moniker, Warrior Princess. A nickname to which she proudly answers.Becky enjoys serving her community and volunteers on a number of committees.She loves finding inspiration for her column in unexpected places and hopes that her writing brings joy, inspiration, laughter, insight, and hope to those who read it.You can email Becky at email@example.com.
Robert Box, Business Compliance ColumnistSafety First Consulting helps businesses identify OSHA compliance deficiencies in their workplaces for less than the cost of one OSHA penalty, and can manage safety programs for businesses for less than half the cost of hiring a full time Safety Manager. In addition to offering custom written safety programs for companies, Safety First Consulting provides required safety training, industrial hygiene sampling, noise sampling, and workplace inspections. You reach out to Robert by email at RBox@SafetyFirstConsulting.com or by phone at (844) 537-7233.For more information about Safety First Consulting, visit their website at Safety First Consulting.
Jeremiah Pizana, Bi-Weekly Business Financial Columnist Jeremiah Pizana grew up in Central Texas and attended Texas State University where he graduated with a Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance. His knowledge and experience was derived from 11 years in the banking industry, where he held positions including credit officer and commercial lender. He began a financial planning practice in Central Texas under the name LibertyCrown Financial. With Jeremiah's financial experience, knowing his clients priorities and his attention to detail, he is able to guide his clients and give them the tools and as a result, they are able to pursue their long-term financial goals. Understanding that everyone is unique, with different financial and life situations, Jeremiah provides his clients with customized plans, which is essential in order to do what is in the best interest of his clients. Jeremiah has been an active member of the Rotary Club since 2007 and had the distinct honor of serving as president in 2011-2012. He is a 2010 graduate of the Leadership San Marcos program. Additionally, he has served on various Boards of Directors in various positions. Jeremiah currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Kyle Chamber of Commerce. Jeremiah’s columns will publish on the first and third Monday’s of the month and you can reach Jeremiah by phone at (512) 667-7403 or by email at JP@LibertyCrownFinancial.com. For more information about LibertyCrown Financial, visit their website at LibertyCrownFinancial.com.
Ashley LeBlanc, Business Development ManagerAshley fell in love with the San Marcos community when she decided to move here from Houston, Texas in 2014. After taking some time off she is now pursuing her B.A. in English at Texas State University where she currently holds a 4.0 in her major. Ashley plans to graduate in May of 2017.Her love for writing bloomed when she was in Elementary School. At the age of 10, she won her first state award for her writing. She then continued on to write the announcements for her Junior and Senior years in high school and was president of The Writing Club at her former college.Ashley came to San Marcos Corridor News in 2016 wanting more community involvement and the ability to put her writing skills to good use. When she isn’t writing, she is slinging drinks at Shade Rooftop Patio Bar on the square. Ashley enjoys swimming in the San Marcos River and is a huge animal lover and animal rights activist. Since moving here, she has been active in many political and social groups around San Marcos.Ashley relishes in the opportunity to write about things she is passionate about and hopes to be a voice for the local community.
Terra Rivers, Managing EditorTerra grew up in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. After visiting the Texas State University campus, she fell in love with the San Marcos area. In 2012, she transferred to the university’s college of fine arts as a journalism major.Growing up, there was nothing she loved more than a good story. During junior high, she made the shift from reading good stories to writing them herself. In high school, she joined her high school yearbook staff and fell in love with journalism and spent her junior and senior years as an editor, photographer and writer.Terra joined the San Marcos Corridor News staff in March 2016 as the copy editor. With her knowledge of HTML and CSS coding, she helped the publication publish its new website. She graduated from Texas State University in May 2016 with a BS in journalism.In July 2016, she accepted the position of managing editor for the San Marcos Corridor News. She loves the area and the community in the Hays County area. You can reach Terra by email at Terra@SMCorridorNews.com. Or if you have a news tip or would like to submit a story idea, email it to News@SMCorridorNews.com.
Melissa Jewett, Publisher/FounderMelissa started her media career with NBC Television over 25 years ago and is known for holding ethically high standards in business and her daily life, no matter the cost.In 2013, the concept of San Marcos Corridor News was born out of her passion for the need to know what was going on around her and her family in Hays County and within the San Marcos Community.With her media experience and her vision for San Marcos Corridor News, she recognized there was nothing else like it in Hays County, and so on September 17, 2014, the San Marcos Corridor News website went live and it has been operating around the clock ever since.Melissa is an instinctive leader, and motivating her team comes naturally. She is a dedicated professional, has a “know-how” and “can-do” attitude, and truly believes that principles and ethics come before profit. You can reach her at Melissa@SMCorridorNews.com.
Accuracy and Attribution
Our reporting on all platforms will be truthful and respectful. Our facts will be complete, accurate, and fair. Our reports will represent our best judgment and not our preferences for sources. There will be no hidden agendas in our reporting. When we make a mistake—and from time to time, we will—we will work quickly to fully address the error, correcting it within the format. If you find an error, please email us at Info@SMCorridorNews.com. Our staff will not republish stories, images or other content from outside sources without permission and giving proper credit. Corridor News photo editors and video producers may improve quality of photos, videos, or audio recordings, but will not alter the message of the media.
We will try our best to recognize all of our sources. We will grant individuals anonymity only when the information is critical to the story, certain that the source is reliable and there is no other alternative information. Our journalists, contractors, or our interns, will never misrepresent themselves or mislead a source to get an interview or story. They will always identify themselves as journalists. They do not use hidden microphones or cameras, go undercover, or pay for interviews or news articles. Impartiality and Conflicts of Interest At Corridor News, we pursue all stories we feel newsworthy. The editor makes editorial decisions. Our contractors, reporters, and interns do not participate in any financial relationships with advertisers or sponsors. Our journalists, contractors, and interns will not participate in stories or projects in which they have a conflict of interest, be it financial, personal or variation thereof. Any of our staff who seek secondary employment or freelance work must have it cleared by the Editor, as to insure the work does not conflict with their responsibilities with Corridor News. The editor at Corridor News works with other divisions of the organization—including marketing, sponsorship, and advertisers—to help support, promote and enhance editorial efforts. From time to time, editorial contractors or interns may promote initiatives on their personal social media profiles or to be featured in Corridor News marketing materials. They do this in free will and are under no obligations to do so. Contractors and interns will not accept any gifts, and finance our own needs when traveling for editorial or business purposes.
Sponsorship's and Advertising
Corridor News accepts advertising that does not compromise its editorial integrity or our business and personal ethics. All advertising will be clearly distinguished from editorial content. Any advertiser or sponsor message that contains false or unlawful content will be removed. Corridor News contractors or interns will not produce sponsored content.
WANTED | Director of Business Development
Corridor News Media is an online digital marketing and media provider that reaches all five major metropolitan cities in Texas and beyond, delivering strategic online content, interactive pages, categories, vibrant photos, social media tools and more, to better deliver the most trusted local news, lifestyle, sports, politics, and events relevant to daily life in Central Texas, along the IH-35 Corridor. Corridor News Media creates custom marketing packages utilizing online technology solutions, addressing clients' marketing challenges and providing high-quality technology leads for their organization. We leave our mark with local businesses by delivering real value and measurable return on investment from the start with an average monthly readership of 33,000 and growing. Advertising in digital news media delivers:
- Brand Association- A recent study from PEW Research confirms that ads on news websites out-perform ads that run on social media, online ad networks, and in print/newspaper.
- 24/7 Consumer Access- Online advertising allows consumers to engage with businesses, products, and services around the clock. You will never miss a minute of sales opportunity with digital advertising.
- Target Market- Creating custom digital marketing campaigns reaches our clients base or niche audiences more effectively than any other form of media.
As the Director of Business Development, you will:
- Responsible for building your sales team and implement a strategy for achievement of business development goals in line with company-wide goals
- Hire, train, motivate and lead sales team
- Manage team in developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts and new prospects
- Develop, maintain and leverage relationships with local event planners
- Strategize and assist in onsite and cross selling opportunities both sponsor and delegate
- Work collaboratively with Publisher and Editor to implement new revenue opportunities
- Manage a continuous and consistent sales training program
- Ensure compliance to processes and sales tools
- Work with brand development team to develop new products and services that the team can sell to the existing clients and new prospects
- Performance management of reps and support/create individual development plans/succession plans
- Manage weekly/monthly sales reporting, roll-up forecasts and commission calculations
- Ability to coach your reps on Value Selling and Subject Matter
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Work with Publisher and outside partners to develop sales tools for the sales team
- Attend local events to create new relationships and execute a marketing and sales strategy
- Develop overall strategy and execution plan for building long lasting partnerships
- Qualify, structure, negotiate, close, and manage strategic partnerships that will drive revenue
- Expand relationships with existing partners by uncovering expansion opportunities
- Identify and track relevant metrics of success
- Experience forging alliances and building deep, long-lasting business relationships
- Experience in a Business Development leadership role (Director, Manager) is a huge PLUS.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of high performance in sales, with experience and success in sales leadership within the events, conference or advertising sales industries
- Consistent over achievement of sales quotas, both team and individually
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions for organizations to achieve their business goals
- Understanding of technology buying center motivations
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate, leadership qualities
- The ability to set your own schedule, and have the drive and tenacity to stick to it
Applicants may submit resumes to Melissa@SMCorridorNews.com
We are always looking for non-paid interns in the areas listed below. We are proud to support our local Texas State University Bobcats, who seek a mentoring platform to prepare professional portfolios of published material to carry with them in their future career endeavors. Please see the Student Affairs Office or your Professor for additional information and proper paperwork for class credit qualifications. As of 4/1/2016, we are looking for interns in the following areas:
- Political Science
- Mass Communications
- Creative Writing
- Public Relations
- Public Policy
Letters to the Editor
Here at SM Corridor News, we love to hear from members of the community about local issues. If you would like us to publish your letter, please be aware of the following policies. Thank you.
Kinds of Information: There are two kinds of information we can obtain about you:
a) Personal Information: Personal Information is any information that personally identifies you. It can be your first and last name, your home address, your telephone number, age, gender or your e-mail address. Personal information is collected when users voluntarily register for membership services. Sometimes this Personal Information is needed to receive announcements regarding our Website and projects, enter contests and participate in other promotional opportunities provided on our Website. Other times, we may collect this information to help target advertising and marketing. We may also collect e-mail addresses from users who send us support mail or request technical or other help. This information enables us to improve our Website in order to make your Online visits more productive and enjoyable. The choice is yours - you do not have to register. If we are asking for optional information, we will inform you so you know you can skip it if you want.
b) Aggregate Information: Aggregate Information is anonymous data that we use to diagnose problems on our Website's servers, administer our Website, and to help improve the quality of our Website pages. It may be your IP address (a number that's automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Internet), browser type (e.g., Netscape or Internet Explorer), and domain (e.g., "XYZ.com"). We do this in the background so it does not interrupt your cruising speed. We may share Aggregate Information with third parties. None of this information is connected with Personal Information. So, when you enter our site, you are anonymous and will remain that way unless you choose otherwise.
Use of Information: We may use the Personal Information we collect to improve the content of our Website; to customize the content and/or layout of our Website for each individual user; to notify users about updates to our Website or promotional offers or opportunities that we believe will be of interest to users; and to investigate violations of our terms and conditions of use. We may also share Personal Information with consultants and related companies for internal business or research purposes.
With user permission, we may access Personal Information on behalf of third parties for marketing or promotional purposes. We will always request permission to share such information with third parties. You may elect not to participate by clicking or not clicking, as applicable, the appropriate on-screen button. In some situations, we may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform a particular service on our behalf. These parties are not allowed to use Personal Information except for the limited purpose of providing the particular service on our behalf. In addition, we may receive personal usage and demographic information from third parties based on our users Personal Information and their visits to our Website, and use this information to improve our products and services.
We may post the name of a user (for example, a contest winner) on our Website. We will notify you of this possibility when you provide your information.
We may also divulge Personal Information if such information is subpoenaed, or if we believe that membership has been used to commit unlawful acts, or acts that may endanger the health or safety of another user or of the general public.
We may share the Aggregate Information we collect with third parties for advertising and promotional purposes. We may use a third-party Corridor News to serve ads when you visit our Website site. This Corridor News may use Aggregate information about your visits to our Website in order to provide advertisements on our Website about goods and services of interest to you. For this purpose, the third-party Corridor News and we may track and note some of the pages you visit on our Website.
Search Terms: As a measure of user interest, we may track search terms that are entered into our Website's search features. Search data and user-provided information help to improve the relevancy of search results by learning user preferences and prioritizing search results accordingly. The intended result is a more efficient search feature for visitors to our Website.
Surveys and Registration Forms: Our Website may post surveys and registration forms in which we ask for Personal Information. We may use this information to send you information about our Website and programs, and to give to our third parties who may send you information about their products and services and promotional material.
Sweepstakes and Contests: We may from time to time run sweepstakes and contests in which we ask for Personal Information such as your name, e-mail address or telephone number. That's so we can let you know if you win. Sometimes we request additional Personal Information such as your age and gender. And once in a while we require this additional information in exchange for allowing you to enter the contest. We may use the contest entry information that we collect to notify you if you are a winner, send you information about our Website and programs or give to third parties who may send you information about their products and services and promotional material. Your participation in any such sweepstakes or contest will be subject to the official rules and regulations of such sweepstakes or contest.
If you win one of our sweepstakes or contests, we will not publish your name, hometown, or other Personal Information on our Website site unless you give us your permission.
Membership Services: When you register to use membership services, we may share your registration information with third parties. For instance, the Personal Information that you provide to bulletin boards may be shared with the companies that provide those services in order to retrieve your password when you want to log on to use such services (see Cookies). You do not have to register your Personal Information with our Website, but if you choose not to, certain services will not be available to you.
Electronic Email Updates: We may offer free, email announcement(s). We will not divulge your membership in a email mailing list to any third parties, including advertisers or partners. If you subscribe to one of our e-mail updates, and then decide you do not want to continue receiving such e-mail updates, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to Corridor News and tell us that you no longer want to continue receiving such e-mail updates.
Opt Out: If we ask you for Personal Information, we will tell you if we intend to share it with others. We will provide you with a way to tell us that you don't want us to share the information or if you do not want to receive promotional and/or marketing information about products, services, and offerings from us and/or any third parties. Let us know and we will use your name and address only to tell you if you win a contest or sweepstakes.
Children And Privacy: We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children Online, and to be familiar with the Websites their children visit. At various places on our Website, we ask you for your age and/or date of birth. We rely on our users to be truthful in responding to these questions.
a) Individuals Under 13: No information should be submitted to or posted on our Website by users under the age of 13. Individuals under the age of 13 are not allowed to become registered users of our Websites or participate in any sweepstakes or contests.
b) Individuals 13 through 17: If an individual between the ages of 13 and 17 submits or posts information to our Website, we may collect such information (including personally identifying information). This information may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by us and may, with the user's permission, be shared with pre-screened third parties. If a user or his/her parent or guardian changes his/her mind with respect to such use, that user, parent or guardian may stop that use either by e-mail request or by modifying his/her registration information Online.
Subpoenas and Law Enforcement Agencies: We reserve the right to cooperate with government and law enforcement agencies engaged in investigations of activities that are, or which we believe may be, illegal. Further, we may share your Personal Information with such agencies if we believe that a crime or any act that endangers the health and safety of others may have been or may be committed. We may also share your Personal Information in response to an appropriate subpoena.
Community Areas: Information posted to bulletin boards is available to the general public. Please use caution when posting any such information and be particularly careful not to provide any personally identifying information while using bulletin or message boards. Users of bulletin and message boards must follow acceptable standards of behavior when posting messages online. We reserve the right to, but are not obligated to, refuse or delete any content that in our sole discretion is considered inappropriate.
Deleting or Modifying Your Information: If you've given us Personal Information in the past and want to delete or update it, please do by sending us an e-mail to Info@SMCorridorNews.com and use "Delete Information" in the subject matter line and then tell us in the body of the e-mail that you want your information deleted; or "Update information" in the subject matter line and then provide your updated information in the body of the your e-mail.
Although it is not always possible to remove or modify information in the databases, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you've given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we've already passed it on, we cannot delete or change the information.
Security of Private Information: Any Personal Information you give us is kept in secure files. Access is limited to the few employees who have a need to know. We would like to tell you that your information is as safe with us as it is in your head, but, as crackers/hackers have proved worldwide, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties who are not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. The most any Website can do is make reasonable efforts, which is what we do, to protect your information from theft, misuse and alteration.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall we be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages that result from the use of the information or materials on our Website, even if we (or an authorized representative of ours) have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Feedback and E-mail: Our Website has a link to a "Contact" e-mail form so you can comment, complain, make suggestions, and ask questions. Your e-mail address is required on this form so we can answer your questions, and we want your name, too, so we can address our answer in a mannerly way. We may also track your browser type and referring URL to better diagnose technical issues you may be having. We do not share this information with third parties and we will use it only to answer your correspondence.
We take your electronic privacy seriously. Questions regarding this statement or our practices should be directed to Info@SMCorridorNews.
© 2017 San Marcos Corridor News. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: January 17, 2017 @ 5:26:22: PM
Last Modified: January 17, 2017
Website Definition and Contact Information
The Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Corridor News and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
- Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
- Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Corridor News, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property ("IP") or proprietary rights laws.
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of our IP, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Website browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, noncommercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
The Corridor News name, the Corridor News logo, the publisher name, the publisher logo, the Website name, the Website logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Corridor News or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Corridor News. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Prohibited Uses
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Corridor News, a Corridor News employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Corridor News or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- User Contributions
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal Website pages or profiles, blogs, forums, bulletin boards, news articles, social posting via Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Corridor News, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
- We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
- Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CORRIDOR NEWS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE CORRIDOR NEWS/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE CORRIDOR NEWS/SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
- Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services.
User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- Copyright Infringement
- Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Corridor News, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Corridor News. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
- Changes to the Website
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
- Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
The Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party Websites to certain content on the Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party Websites.
- You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any Website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
- Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party Websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Websites.
- Geographic Restrictions
The owner of the Website is based in the state of Texas in the United States. We provide the Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE CORRIDOR NEWS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE CORRIDOR NEWS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE CORRIDOR NEWS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CORRIDOR NEWS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE CORRIDOR NEWS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE CORRIDOR NEWS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENCORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Limitation on Time to File Claims
- Waiver and Severability
- Entire Agreement
- Your Comments and Concerns
The Website is operated by Corridor News P.O. Box 2512 San Marcos, TX 78666,
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, notices of copyright infringement and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to the contact set forth below for this Website.
- Website Definition and Contact Information:
https://SMCorridorNews.com || Contact Email