Hays County Courthouse, TX – Hays County Local Health Department (HCLHD) reports one COVID-related fatality, a Buda man in his 60s. The department also reports 38 new lab-confirmed cases along with five (5) new hospitalizations and four (4) new hospital discharges. There are four (4) additional persons considered recovered. The total number of persons considered recovered is 16,551.
The current total of lab-confirmed cases for Hays County since the beginning of the pandemic is 17,187. Hays County has 400 active cases. In the past 21 days there have been 574 active cases. Hays County has had 796 total COVID-related hospitalizations and 12 people are currently hospitalized. During a routine data audit, one (1) case was removed from the COVID-related fatalities as it was a duplicate.
As of March 29, all adults are eligible for a vaccine in Texas according to the state health department.
Starting April 5, HCLHD will provide a COVID-19 update on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays via news release; however, the data will continue to be available on the COVID-19 dashboard Monday through Friday. We anticipate that beginning in June we will scale back to Monday and Friday updates only.
Please note, due to county offices being closed Friday, April 2, there will be no COVID-19 report tomorrow.
Where and how to get vaccinated, and get your questions answered.
- Texas to receive more than 1 million first doses of COVID-19 vaccine for this week
- Vaccination hub providers with contact information
- DSHS/TDEM map of vaccine providers
- Texas Vaccine Data
- Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Wasted Report
- Hays County Vaccine FAQs
NOTE: HAYS COUNTY CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED THURSDAY, APRIL 1, AT 3:58 PM.
NOTE: TEXAS STATE CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED THURSDAY, APRIL 1, AT 12:45 PM.
*NOTE: U.S. & INTERNATIONAL CASE COUNTS & STATS UPDATED ON THURSDAY, APRIL 1, AT 3:05 AM
RELATED HAYS COUNTY & TEXAS VACCINE STORIES…
- JUST IN: All Texas adults eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine
- Texas to receive more than 900,000 COVID-19 vaccine first doses for next week
- Hays County to receive 4,680, Texas to receive more than 1 million COVID-19 vaccine first doses for this week
- Texas receives 676,280, Hays County 4,680 in weekly vaccine allocations
- Hays County Residents Can Now Pre-Register For A COVID-19 Vaccination
- Hays County Notified Of Change COVID Business Capacity, Hays OES Talks Vaccine Wait List
- Hays County Releases Frequently Asked Questions On Vaccine Distribution