Hays County Courthouse, TX – Hays County Local Health Department (HCLHD) reports one (1) COVID-related fatality, a Kyle woman in her 80s. This report covers June 8-9, 2021.
The department also reports 27 new lab-confirmed cases along with one (1) new hospitalization and one (1) new hospital discharge. There are 27 additional persons considered recovered. The total number of persons considered recovered is 18,559.
The current total of lab-confirmed cases for Hays County since the beginning of the pandemic is 18,938. Hays County has 125 active cases. In the past 21 days there have been 247 active cases. Hays County has had 901 total COVID-related hospitalizations and 11 people are currently hospitalized.
Upcoming ‘no appointment needed’ vaccine clinics:
- Monday-Friday, Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines @ Live Oak Community Clinic, 401 Broadway, San Marcos, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
- Every Thursday and Friday – Pfizer vaccine @ CommuniCare, 2810 Dacy Ln., Kyle, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- DSHS/TDEM map of vaccine providers
- Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler
- Texas Vaccine Data
- Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Wasted Report
Where and how to get vaccinated, and get your questions answered.
NOTE: HAYS COUNTY CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9, AT 3:38PM.
NOTE: TEXAS STATE CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9, AT 4:10 P.M.
*NOTE: U.S. & INTERNATIONAL CASE COUNTS & STATS UPDATED ON WENESDAY, JUNE 9, AT 3:02 AM
RELATED HAYS COUNTY & TEXAS VACCINE STORIES…
- State launches vaccine call center to connect organizations, businesses with mobile vaccine teams
- Texas shifts from COVID-19 vaccine allocation to ordering
- COVID-19 vaccine demand drops in Texas, though less than a quarter of the population is fully vaccinated
- Texas recommends resuming Johnson & Johnson vaccine shots after CDC, FDA give the green light