Hays County Courthouse, TX – Hays County Local Health Department (HCLHD) reports one (1) new COVID-related fatality, a Kyle man in his 80s.
The department also reports 186 new lab-confirmed cases along with two (2) new hospitalizations and no new hospital discharges. There are 72 additional persons considered recovered.
The total number of persons considered recovered is 19,199. The current total of lab-confirmed cases for Hays County since the beginning of the pandemic is 20,496.
Hays County has 1,028 active cases. In the past 21 days, there have been 1,267 active cases.
Hays County has had 975 total COVID-related hospitalizations and 31 people are currently hospitalized.
The HCLHD removed two cases this week for duplicate or out of county.
Upcoming ‘no appointment needed’ vaccine clinics
- Monday-Friday, Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines @ Live Oak Community Clinic, 401 Broadway, San Marcos, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Every Thursday and Friday – Pfizer vaccine @ CommuniCare, 2810 Dacy Ln., Kyle, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- DSHS/TDEM map of vaccine providers
- Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler
- Texas Vaccine Data
- Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Wasted Report
NOTE: HAYS COUNTY CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED FRIDAY, JULY 30.
*NOTE: TEXAS STATE CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED FRIDAY, JULY 30.
*NOTE: U.S. & INTERNATIONAL CASE COUNTS & STATS UPDATED ON FRIDAY, JULY 30.
RELATED HAYS COUNTY & TEXAS VACCINE STORIES…
- State launches vaccine call center to connect organizations, businesses with mobile vaccine teams
- Texas shifts from COVID-19 vaccine allocation to ordering
- COVID-19 vaccine demand drops in Texas, though less than a quarter of the population is fully vaccinated
- Texas recommends resuming Johnson & Johnson vaccine shots after CDC, FDA give the green light