KYLE, TEXAS – The City of Kyle is inviting residents, businesses, and organizations to enter upcoming City of Kyle parades including the Founders’ Parade on Saturday, Oct. 9, and the Veterans Day Parade on Saturday, Nov. 13.
The Founders’ Parade starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9, and serves as the town’s annual birthday celebration. Parades through downtown around the middle of October have been a custom ever since Kyle was platted and the first lots were sold in October of 1880 — a Kyle tradition for over 140 years.
The parade will start at Gregg-Clarke Park and travel along Center Street, ending at Front Street on the City Square. Immediately after the parade, a celebration for the city’s birthday will be held on Burleson Street and will include birthday cupcakes, music, and lots of family fun.
Entries for the Founders’ Parade are limited to 40. The deadline for parade entries is 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 5, or until all spaces are gone. Interested organizations and individuals can apply at www.cityofkyle.com/recreation/2021-kyle-founders-day-parade-entry-form. When the spaces are filled, no additional participants can be added to the lineup.
The City of Kyle in partnership with VFW Post 12058 and AMVETS will also be hosting a Veterans Day Parade and commemoration event to honor local veterans this year on Saturday, Nov. 13.
The parade will start at 12 p.m. Parade participants will begin at VFW Post 12058 and travel west along Center Street. The parade route will conclude at Gregg-Clarke Park with a commemoration event and festivities. The festivities will include a warbird flyover, market vendors, family friendly activities, and culminate with a fireworks display.
Entries for the Veterans Day Parade are limited to 40. The deadline for parade entries is 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 27, or until all spaces are filled. Only one entry per person or organization. Interested organizations and individuals are encouraged to apply at www.cityofkyle.com/recreation/2021-kyle-veterans-parade-entry.
There is no entry fee to participate in either parade, but spaces are limited.
FOUNDERS’ DAY PARADE:
- DATE/TIME: Saturday, Oct. 9 starting at 10 a.m.
- The deadline for parade entries is 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 5, or until all spaces are gone.
- LOCATION: Begins at Gregg-Clarke Park and ends at Front Street. A birthday party for Kyle will be held on Burleson Street after.
- WEBSITE: www.CityofKyle.com/FoundersParade
VETERANS DAY PARADE:
- DATE/TIME: Saturday, Nov. 13 starting at 12 p.m.
- The deadline for parade entries is 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 27, or until all spaces are filled.
- LOCATION: Begins at VFW Post 12058 and will conclude at Gregg-Clarke Park with a commemoration event and festivities.
- WEBSITE: CityofKyle.com/VeteransParade