The project must display imagery that expresses the theme in line with the philosophy of “Innovation.” Imagery can be simple or abstract as long as it promotes at least one or more of the following concepts…
The City of San Marcos Mural Arts Committee is seeking proposals from artists to design and create a mural at the Papa John’s Pizza alley wall, located at 216 E. Hopkins.
The artist stipend for this project is $7,000, and materials for the project will be provided by the City of San Marcos. The application deadline is 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24, 2018.
The project must display imagery that expresses the theme in line with the philosophy of “Innovation.” Imagery can be simple or abstract as long as it promotes at least one or more of the following concepts:
- Innovation never stops
- Hope is a form of creativity
- Creativity remakes the world
- Creators gravitate toward each other
- Everything emerges from the ecosystem of innovations that came before it
- Creativity is an inherently social act
- Experimentation in the laboratory of the public
- Creativity is socially enhanced by other people’s brains
- Science needs art
- Being open to change
The committee and representatives from Papa John’s Pizza will review the proposals. Complete RFP guidelines can be found at www.sanmarcostx.gov/arts or by contacting Lisa Morris, Recreation Programs Manager 512.393.8409 or by email at email@example.com.