Hays County Courthouse, TX – Hays County Local Health Department (HCLHD) reports four COVID-related fatalities since Tuesday’s update: a man from Buda in his 50s, a man from Buda in his 70s, a woman from Kyle in her 90s, and a woman from San Marcos in her 80s.
The department also reports 362 new lab-confirmed cases, 11 new hospitalizations and 10 new hospital discharges. Hays County has 22 current COVID-related hospitalizations. Of those, 11 people (50%) are unvaccinated.
Between January 15-21, Hays County will offer walk-up testing and vaccine clinics at the Hays CISD Old Transportation Bldg., located at 21003 I-35 Frontage Road, Kyle. The clinic hours are Sat.-Sun from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and 2-7 p.m. Monday through Friday or while supplies last.
An additional clinic will take place January 16 from 12-8 p.m. (or while supplies last) at the Hays County Historic Courthouse located at 111 E. San Antonio St in San Marcos. More details can be found on the Hays County website.
Hays County residents can now upload their at-home COVID-19 test results to the local health department using this link: https://arcg.is/1G4P1r. All information is confidential and no identifying information is collected. Although these reports will not be included in the official case counts for Hays County, they will help us have a better understanding of community spread.
We remind everyone of some simple measures to help slow the spread of the virus, including frequent hand washing, social distancing and wearing a mask when indoors around large groups of people. Additionally, a COVID-19 vaccine may reduce the risk of severe symptoms or death in those who contract for the virus. Children age 5-11 are eligible to receive pediatric doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
- M-F, Pfizer, Jan. 15-21, Hays CISD Old Transportation Bldg., located at 21003 I-35 Frontage Road, Kyle, 2-7 p.m. (Sat.-Sun.
10 a.m.- 4 p.m.) while supplies last – this clinic is for ages 12 and up only
- Jan. 16, Pfizer, Hays County Historic Courthouse, 111. E. San Antonio St., San Marcos, 12-8 p.m. while supplies last – this clinic is for ages 12 and up only
- M-F, Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines @ Christus Trinity Clinic (formerly Live Oak), 401 Broadway, San Marcos, 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
- M-F, Walk-in Pfizer vaccine clinics @ CommuniCare, 2810 Dacy Ln., Kyle, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- More locations can be found here: https://www.vaccines.gov
UPDATED JANUARY 7, 2022
Due to technical difficulties with the Hays County Local Health Department, only information on current COVID-related hospitalizations will be updated this week.
UPDATED JANUARY 12, 2021