Improper Burning Cause Of Large Grass Fire Monday

block-quote-verticle-purple-bar-7x100Fire Marshal: ‘Improper Burning’ Cause of Large Grass Fire Monday


Hays County, TX – Hays County Fire Marshal Clint Browning said today that the 150-acre grass fire east of Kyle on Monday was caused by a resident improperly burning household garbage in a backyard.

“The wind was too high for proper outdoor burning and the fire was too close to tall grass,” Browning said. “The fire is still under investigation as we are trying to determine the full extent of the damage.” No charges have been filed at this time. 


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button