NOTE: Water Distribution Sites & Boil Water Notice Updates as of Friday, Feb 19 at 4:00 PM
WATER FILLING STATIONS
- A Water Filling Station is available at Hays High School, 4800 Jack C Hays Trail, today until 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Residents are advised to bring their own container to fill and will be allowed up to 5 gallons per person.
- Hays High is on a dedicated well and currently not under boil water notice, so all water is potable and can be consumed without boiling.
- If you are able, please help neighbors with delivery and finding containers. Planning is still underway for future sites.
- All who go to water distribution sites asked to practice State and Local Orders regarding social distancing and using face coverings when out in public or interacting with those outside of their household.
- The City’s water system is beginning to stabilize and water pressure is rising, but to fully restore water service and return to regular water use, we still ask that water use be limited to only emergencies.
BOIL WATER NOTICES
- City of Kyle has issued a boil water notice for City of Kyle water customers as of 2/17 at 4 pm. Visit cityofkyle.com/boilwater for more info and updates.
- Monarch Utilities has a water outage and has issued a Boil Water Notice for neighborhoods in Kyle. Due to repeated power outages, the system is unable to keep up with demand. Visit the SSWC website for info and updates.
- The County Line Special Utility District (CLSUD) has water outage and has issued a Boil Water Notice for Waterleaf, Cool Springs, Bunton Creek Village, Bunton Reserve, Woodlands, Sunset Ridge, and Creekside Trail neighborhoods in Kyle. Due to the unprecedented strain on the water system due to freezing weather and power outages, County Line Special Utility District (CLSUD) is unable to keep up with the demand for water. Visit the CLSUD website for info and updates.
- The Goforth Special Utility District has issued a Boil Water Notice due to rolling blackouts and anticipated low water pressure. Visit the GSUD website for info and updates.
- The Electric Reliability Council of Texas is out of emergency operations, and rotating outages have stopped. That means that if your power goes out or is out, it is a true outage, not a scheduled interruption. Please report outages by calling Pedernales Electric Cooperative at 888-883-3379 or via pec.smarthub.coop.
TEXAS DISPOSAL SYSTEMS
- TDS will begin collecting garbage and green waste for Friday customers on Feb. 19 on a delayed start at 10 a.m.
- Residents will also be able to set up two extra trash bags per week for the next two weeks. The limit of two bags to manage the load capacities of the trucks so they can get to all customers each day.
- For more information, use your Waste Wizard app or visit the TDS website at www.texasdisposal.com.