Hays County Courthouse, San Marcos, TX – Hays County Local Health Department (HCLHD) reports 77 new lab-confirmed cases along with three (3) new hospitalizations and five (5) new hospital discharges since Friday’s report. There are 17 additional persons considered recovered. The total number of persons considered recovered is 16,431.
The current total of lab-confirmed cases for Hays County since the beginning of the pandemic is 17,121. Hays County has 454 active cases. In the past 21 days there have been 632 active cases. Hays County has had 787 total COVID-related hospitalizations and seven (7) people are currently hospitalized.
As of today, March 29, all adults are eligible for a vaccine in Texas according to the state health department.
Hays County issued a news release about the change; it’s available on our website:
According to Kim Hilsenbeck, Hays County Communications Manager, Hays County is not on the list to receive vaccines from the Texas Department of State Health Servies this week.
“During the week of the winter storm, we were unable to hold any clinics, which put us behind,” Hilsenbeck said. “After internal conversations with our Office of Emergency Services, we decided to request our DSHS allocation of vaccine doses be suspended this week to allow our clinics and partners to catch up. Our normal allocation will resume next week.”
Where and how to get vaccinated, and get your questions answered.
- Texas to receive more than 1 million first doses of COVID-19 vaccine for this week
- Vaccination hub providers with contact information
- DSHS/TDEM map of vaccine providers
- Texas Vaccine Data
- Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Wasted Report
- Hays County Vaccine FAQs
NOTE: HAYS COUNTY CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED MONDAY, MARCH 29, AT 4:03 PM.
NOTE: TEXAS CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED MONDAY, MARCH 29, AT 1:55 PM.
*NOTE: U.S. & INTERNATIONAL CASE COUNTS & STATS UPDATED ON MONDAY, MARCH 29, AT 2:50 AM
RELATED HAYS COUNTY & TEXAS VACCINE STORIES…
- JUST IN: All Texas adults eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine
- Texas to receive more than 900,000 COVID-19 vaccine first doses for next week
- Hays County to receive 4,680, Texas to receive more than 1 million COVID-19 vaccine first doses for this week
- Texas receives 676,280, Hays County 4,680 in weekly vaccine allocations
- Hays County Residents Can Now Pre-Register For A COVID-19 Vaccination
- Hays County Notified Of Change COVID Business Capacity, Hays OES Talks Vaccine Wait List
- Hays County Releases Frequently Asked Questions On Vaccine Distribution