Hays County Courthouse, TX – Hays County Local Health Department (HCLHD) reports two (2) COVID-related fatalities, a Kyle woman in her 60s and a Kyle woman in her 70s. The department also reports 470 new lab-confirmed cases along with 30 new hospitalizations and 17 new hospital discharges. There are 71 additional persons considered recovered. The total number of persons considered recovered is 19,270. This report covers July 31 – August 2, 2021.
The current total of lab-confirmed cases for Hays County since the beginning of the pandemic is 20,966. Hays County has 1,425 active cases. In the past 21 days there have been 1,627 active cases. Hays County has had 1,005 total COVID-related hospitalizations and 44 people are currently hospitalized.
Upcoming ‘no appointment needed’ vaccine clinics
- Monday-Friday, Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines @ Live Oak Community Clinic, 401 Broadway, San Marcos, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Every Thursday and Friday – Pfizer vaccine @ CommuniCare, 2810 Dacy Ln., Kyle, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- DSHS/TDEM map of vaccine providers
- Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler
- Texas Vaccine Data
- Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Wasted Report
NOTE: HAYS COUNTY CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED MONDAY, AUGUST 2.
*NOTE: TEXAS STATE CASE STATS & INFORMATION UPDATED MONDAY, AUGUST 2.
*NOTE: U.S. & INTERNATIONAL CASE COUNTS & STATS UPDATED ON MONDAY, AUGUST 2.
RELATED HAYS COUNTY & TEXAS VACCINE STORIES…
- State launches vaccine call center to connect organizations, businesses with mobile vaccine teams
- Texas shifts from COVID-19 vaccine allocation to ordering
- COVID-19 vaccine demand drops in Texas, though less than a quarter of the population is fully vaccinated
- Texas recommends resuming Johnson & Johnson vaccine shots after CDC, FDA give the green light