San Marcos, TX — Emergencies and crimes happen every single day of the year. Many crimes go unreported either by the victims or law enforcement…
These reports include individuals arrested by the San Marcos Police Department, Kyle Police Department, Buda Police Department, Hays County Sheriff’s Office, and Texas State University Police Department. Any missing information will be updated as it is released.
According to the Hays County Sherriff’s Office, on April 6, 2021 Hays County Sheriff’s Office arrested 66-year-old David Matthew Ferrier of Kyle, TX on multiple indictments for Possession of Child Pornography. Mr. Ferrier had been a fugitive for approximately one year.
The case stemmed from a tip received through the National Center for Missing and exploited Children (NCMEC). Hays County Sheriff’s Office detectives interviewed Ferrier in April of 2020. At which time, Ferrier admitted to downloading the child pornography referenced in the tip. A warrant for a single count of Possession of Child Pornography was issued soon after. Subsequent forensic analysis of Ferrier’s computer lead the District Attorney’s office to seek multiple indictments for the same charge.
Mr. Ferrier is currently in custody at the Hays County Jail. No bond has been set.
Below is a compiled list of everyone who was arrested and booked in Hays County Jail.
• HCSO ARREST BLOTTER •
TUESDAY, APRIL 6
Odyssey-JobOutput-April 07, 2021 06-01-04-1277211-1-REDACTED
• SAN MARCOS POLICE ARREST BLOTTER •
TUESDAY, APRIL 6
smpd media arrest list 04 07 21_202104071124326812
• ARREST CHARGES ACRONYMS •
- POCS – Possession of Controlled Substance
- ASLT FV – Assault Family Violence
- BI/INDICT/AGG ROBBERY – Aggravated Robbery
- BI/INDICT/BURG OF HAB – Burglary of Habitation
- POM – Possession of Marijuana
- DWI W/ OPEN CONT – Driving While Intoxicated W/ Open Container
- VIO PAROLE – Violation of Parole
- ASLT – Assault
- PODP – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- DWLI W/ PREV – Driving With License Invalid W/ Previous
- CRIM TRES – Criminal Trespass
- ASLT BI – Assault Causes Bodily Injury
- ASLT BY CONTACT – Assault By Contact
- EXP DL – Expired Driver License
- DWI BAC >= 0.15 – Driving While Intoxicated Blood Alcohol Content
- POCS-METH-FOUR GRAM – Possession of Controlled Substance Meth
- FURN A/B MINOR – Furnishing Alcohol To Minor
*Updated to include additional information on the arrest of David Matthew Ferrier, who was convicted with 29 counts of possession of child pornography