Sierra Martin | Managing Editor
SAN MARCOS – On March 31, San Marcos Consolidated ISD announced that students are expected to return to their respective campus for in-person learning unless already approved for a medical exemption beginning April 12.
“Our COVID-19 cases continue to decrease, and by April 9, more than 800 staff members will have received a COVID-19 vaccination and every SMCISD employee will have been offered the opportunity to be vaccinated,” SMCISD said in a press release.
The last day of remote learning will be offered in SMCISD will be Friday, April 9. More information on medical exemptions can be found on our district website: https://www.smcisd.net/Page/4723.
SMCISD will continue to follow COVID protocols including social distancing, wearing masks and sanitizing all areas of the school. Dividers and face coverings will be available for all campuses. The district pandemic and safety plan can be viewed here.
The school district provided the following information on student transportation:
- From now until Sunday, April 4th at midnight, you can use the following link to sign your child up for transportation: https://forms.gle/xYp6RrwKeiWHn85v5. This will guarantee bus services for your child(ren) by April 12.
- You can read about regular and special route transportation criteria and parameters at https://www.smcisd.net/Page/801.
- Starting Monday, April 5th, you can only request school bus transportation by calling the campus your child attends.
- If your child(ren) have not used school bus services in the past 10 days they will need to be registered.
- If you call by the close of business on April 6th, your child will receive transportation services starting on April 12th.
- If you miss the April 6th deadline, then your child will be routed for transportation beginning on April 15th at the earliest.
- Once your child is routed, a transportation department associate will call you to provide the bus number, stop location, and stop time for the morning and afternoon routes. Please be aware these calls may happen over the weekend on April 10th and 11th.
- Please have your child report to the bus stop 5-10 minutes before the scheduled stop.
- Students who previously agreed to a transfer will still need to provide their own transportation.