The long & short term road construction projects that could affect your drive… Please use caution, drive slowly and watch for heavy equipment, construction workers, and traffic control flaggers.
Traffic will have intermittent lane closure citywide for Crosswalk and School Zone striping for the Following Neighborhoods:
• Faris Street between Wilson and Mitchell, intermittent lane closures daily 8 AM – 5 PM for sidewalk construction. Transportation, 512.393.8036
Special Weekly Closures
• EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET: —Every Saturday— FARMERS MARKET
Every Saturday from 7:30 AM to 3 PM Half a block of the street closed from the Alley to N. LBJ for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program 512.393.8430.
• NO SHORT TERM CLOSURES THIS WEEK: — 02/09/2020 to 02/15/2020 —
San Marcos will have no short term closures for the week of Feb. 3, 2020, to Feb. 8, 2020.
• VICTORY GARDENS PROJECT —02/01/19 to 02/29/20— UNDERGROUND UTILITY INSTALLATION
The Victory Gardens Neighborhood will undergo a new underground utility installation with Impact to traffic on the following streets Georgia Street, Armstrong Street, Eisenhower Street, Camacho Street, McArthur Street, Virginia Street, and Churchill Street. Starting February 1 – 29, 2019 from 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM – Darren – Cox Commercial Construction – 956.601.1645
• DOWNTOWN LOFTS APARTMENTS PROJECT: — 09/13/19 to 02/2020 — CONSTRUCTION
Fredericksburg Street: Fredericksburg Street at Hopkins Street to San Antonio, the southbound lane of Telephone Alley at Hopkins to San Antonio, and Feltner Alley at San Antonio will be closed due to construction starting September 13, 2019 – February 2020. A.C.G. LLC 248.632.2311
• MILL STREET RECONSTRUCTION — 05/2019 to 02/2020 — RECONSTRUCTION OF WATERLINE SERVICES, POTHOLING
Mill Street between 500 and 700 blocks will have partial lane closure through the fall of 2019, for the reconstruction of waterline services and potholing. Phase Two Traffic Control Plan will be implemented on September 5, 2019. City of San Marcos Engineering/ CIP Dept., 512.393.8130; Smith Contracting, 512.789.5441.
• HOPKINS STREET —Nov. 18, 2019 to Fall 2020 — UTILITY INSTALLATION
Hopkins Street will be closed starting November 18 – the fall of 2020 for a Road Widening Project and Underground Utility Installation. Richard Reynosa 512.393.8235.
• COERS STREET —10/01/2018 to 04/01/2020 — DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS
Coers Street between Old RR 12 to Owens Street will have southbound lane closure to through traffic starting October 1, 2018, to April 1, 2020, from 7 AM to 5:30 PM for drainage improvement. Denbow Company 512.264.2767.
• EASTBOUND CONCHO STREET —AUGUST 2018 to SUMMER 2020— CONSTRUCTION
Eastbound Concho Street between LBJ and Guadalupe will be closed, LBJ and Guadalupe will also have narrow lanes between University Drive and Concho Street, starting Aug. 6, 2018 through the summer of 2020 for Construction. 3411 Builders, Inc., Richard Bagby 832.449.0328.