The long & short term road construction projects that could affect your drive… Please use caution, drive slowly, and watch for heavy equipment, construction workers, and traffic control flaggers.
All traffic projects may be subject to delays or extensions due to weather and/or the current Public Health situation.
Traffic will have intermittent lane closure citywide for Crosswalk and School Zone striping for the Following Neighborhoods:
- Post Road – Uhland to Mosscliff Circle for sidewalk construction, Oct. 1 – Nov. 30, Transportation 512.393.8036
Special Weekly Closures
• EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET: — Every Saturday — FARMERS MARKET
Every Saturday from 7:30 AM to 3 PM Half a block of the street closed from the Alley to N. LBJ for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program 512.393.8430.
• UNIVERSITY DRIVE — 08/08/20 to 10/30/20 — UNDERGROUND UTILITY INSTALLATION
University Street at N LBJ to Moon Street will be closed starting August 8 – October 30, 2020, for an Underground Utility Construction Project – Shawn Condor – 512.393.8134
• RIVER ROAD — 08/27/20 to 11/07/20 — UNDERGROUND UTILITY INSTALLATION
The West bound Lane of River Road will be closed starting August 27 – November 7, 2020, from 7: 00 to am to 5:30 pm for an Underground Utility Construction Project – Wyatt Rosenauer – 512-585-328
• VICTORY GARDENS PROJECT — 10/01/20 to 10/31/20 — UNDERGROUND UTILITY INSTALLATION
The Victory Gardens Neighborhood will undergo a new underground utility installation with Impact to traffic on the following streets Georgia Street, Armstrong Street, Eisenhower Street, Camacho Street, McArthur Street, Virginia Street, and Churchill Street. Starting October 1- 31, 2020, from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm – Darren – Cox Commercial Construction – 956.601.1645
• DOWNTOWN LOFTS APARTMENTS PROJECT — 09/13/2019 to 10/2020 — DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS
Fredericksburg Street: Fredericksburg Street at Hopkins Street to San Antonio, the southbound lane of Telephone Alley at Hopkins to San Antonio, and Feltner Alley at San Antonio will be closed due to construction starting September 13, 2019 – October 2020. A.C.G. LLC 248.632.2311
• HOPKINS STREET — 05/2020 to 12/2021 — STREET RECONSTRUCTION
Hopkins Street between Bishop Street and Moore Street will be closed for a Street Reconstruction Project. Traffic will be detoured to Craddock at both ends of the project, with only local traffic allowed. Phase 1 street closure occurring between Johnson and Endicott. This phase is anticipated for completion in October. The overall completion of the project is anticipated by December 2021. Richard Reynosa – City of San Marcos Engineering Department – 512.393.8235