Drivers are expecting increased delays on 183 Southbound after a change in traffic patterns, which went into effect this week.
183 is experiencing multiple traffic pattern changes this week while construction continues to build bridges, install roadways, sound walls and utilities.
Traffic pattern shifts include:
- US 183 southbound on-ramps will be closed at Manor Springdale Road and Cameron Road.
- US 183 main lanes in both directions were closed Tuesday from Loyola Lane to US 290.
- US 183 northbound main lane will be closed from MLK Blvd. to 51st Street.
- US 183 in both directions there will be various closures from Thurgood Avenue to Manor Springdale Road.
- US 183 southbound general-purpose will be reduced to one lane from US 290 to Manor Springdale Road.
- US 183 U-turn(s) at Manor Springdale Road will be closed.
- US 183 northbound main lane will be reduced to one lane from Thompson Lane to Bolm Road.
Drivers should expect extended travel times.