The deadline for accepting unwrapped toys will be December 7, 2018, and for wrapped toys December 11, 2018. Last year over 400 families were given assistance in food and/or toys in Hays County.
The Hays County Brown Santa program has started its annual drive for money, food, and toys to assist families in need in Hays County. The program consists of volunteers from the Hays County Sheriff’s Office and members of the community.
Brown Santa seeks donations from citizens and local businesses for toys, canned goods and money. Last year over 400 families were given assistance in food and/or toys in Hays County.
Brown Santa is accepting new toys for children up to the age of 16. Any toy that is already gift- wrapped needs to have a tag that identifies the toy, age group, and if it is for a male or female. Toys can also be picked up from your residence or business if convenient. Money contributions in the form of a check or money order made payable to “Hays County Brown Santa” can be mailed to:
Hays County Brown Santa
P.O. Box 1475
San Marcos, TX 78667
The deadline for accepting unwrapped toys will be December 7, 2018, and for wrapped toys December 11, 2018. All toys will be wrapped on December 8, 2018 from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and on December 11th & 12th from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Children are welcome in the warehouse to help out!
Deputies and helpers will be delivering the toys and food on Saturday December 15, 2018 from 7:00 SM until approximately Noon. Any family requesting assistance from Brown Santa can sign up in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office or at one of the locations below.
The deadline for accepting applications will be December 6, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
Those interested in assisting in the Brown Santa program or making a cash donation may contact Lieutenant Dennis Gutierrez at 512-393-7877. Brown Santa would like to wish the citizens of Hays County a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Hays County Sheriff’s Office (1307 Uhland Road)
- Southside Community Center (518 S. Guadalupe St)
- Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union (1203 Thorpe Ln & 1210 Wonder World Dr)
- Austin Telco Federal Credit Union (904 Bugg Lane) Edward Jones Office (133 W. San Antonio Street Suite 200)
- Pct 2 Justice of the Peace Beth Smith (5458 FM 2770) Fox Pizza (147 Elmhurst Drive)
- StorQuest Self Storage (5500 FM 2770) Dollar General (770 Windy Hill Rd)
- Pct 5 Justice of the Peace Scott Cary (500 Jack C. Hays Trail) Austin Telco Federal Credit Union (330 Old San Antonio Rd) Falcon International Bank (1795 Main Street)
- Randolph Brooks Credit Union (5045 E Goforth St,)
- Pct 3 Justice of the Peace Andy Cable (200 Stillwater Rd Ste 104) Ozona Bank (100 River Rd)
- ACE Hardware (14307 Ranch Rd 12)
- Pct 4 Hays County Office (195 Roger Hanks Parkway) Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union (1040 Rob Shelton Blvd)