The Keep San Marcos Beautiful program will begin reserving a new community beautification trailer May 5.
The Community Connect Beautification Trailer is 6 ft. x 12 ft., enclosed and contains tools and supplies, including rakes, shovels, pruners, loppers, pole saw, bags, gloves and goggles.
This trailer allows neighborhoods to come together and clean up yards, alleys, and vacant lots of trash and junk.
Planning Your Cleanup Event:
- Talk to your neighbors about doing a neighborhood cleanup. Does the neighborhood landscaping need improvement? Do the alleys or easements need a good cleaning? What about assisting the neighbors who need a help with their yards?
- Pick a date and time for the event that best fits the schedule of as many neighbors as possible. Choose a backup date in case of bad weather. There must be a minimum of five participating homes involved in the project on one block.
- The neighborhood will need a contact person to assist in communicating with the City about the neighborhoods needs and to coordinate the cleanup.
- Involve local churches in your neighborhood cleanups. Call your local schools or college to see if they can provide volunteers.
- Make sure to recommend to your participants the proper dress for the event. It is recommended to wear boots or sturdy shoes, no sandals.
- Have a work and safety plan ready before you begin your cleanup. Figure out what needs to be done and what tools will be needed.
- Have a plan to dispose of your waste. Participants may place items in their normal trash carts, or we can arrange to have it picked up. Staff will work with your event to maximize diverting as much of the material as possible.
How to Reserve the Trailer
- If you are interested in reserving the trailer, please contact the City of San Marcos Community Enhancement division at 512.393.8419 use the online form at www.sanmarcostx.gov/ksmbtrailer
- You must be a resident of San Marcos, have a valid picture ID and present a current copy of your utility bill
- The trailer is reserved on a “first come-first served” basis
- The trailer may be reserved from Friday–Monday only
- Once the trailer has been delivered to the neighborhood for the cleanup, the trailer may not be moved to another location. If the trailer needs to be moved for specific reasons, you must notify the city.
- Take before and after pictures and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promote recycling and composting during the neighborhood cleanup. Use your curbside recycling and green waste carts or drop off recycling at Green Guy.
- Let us know how your cleanup went. We will provide a Cleanup Summary Report with the Community Connect Beatification Trailer.