The short & long term road construction projects that could affect your drive… Please use caution, drive slowly, and watch for heavy equipment, construction workers, and traffic control flaggers.
- All traffic projects may be subject to delays or extensions due to weather and/or the current Public Health situation.
For more information, contact the City of San Marcos Transportation Department at 512.393.8036.
EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET — FARMERS MARKET | 7:30 AM – 3 PM
EVERY SATURDAY — Half a block of the street closed from the Alley to N. LBJ for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program 512.393.8430.
SPECIAL SIDEWALK CLOSURES
SIDEWALK AND LANE CLOSURES: Multiple sidewalks and lane closures from August 30 through September 17 for sidewalk construction:
- Thorpe Street at bus stop near Robbie Lane: 1101 Thorpe Lane will have intermittent lane closures, sidewalk closure, and a closed bus stop.
- 400 Block North Street: Intermittent Lane closures and sidewalk closures.
- 300 Block Hopkins Street: Sidewalk and bus stop closures.
- 200 Block Mill Street: Lane closures, sidewalk closures, and bus stop closures.
- Thorpe Lane at Aquarena Springs Drive: Lane closures, moved bus stops, and intermittent sidewalk closures.
- 1800 Block Aquarena Springs Dr: Intermittent Lane closures, moved bus stops, and sidewalk closures.
- Bus stops on Parker Drive near Del Sol: Intermittent Lane closures moved bus stops and intermittent sidewalk closures.
- Bus stop on De Zavala Near HWY 123: Intermittent Lane closures, moved bus stops, and intermittent sidewalk closures.
- Bus stop on Stagecoach trail near Dutton Drive: Intermittent Lane closures, bus stops moved, and intermittent sidewalk closures.
- Bus stop on 200 – 300 block Stagecoach Trail: Intermittent Lane closures, Sidewalk, and Bus stop closure.
- Bus stop on NW side of Centerpoint Road at Outlet mall: Intermittent Lane closures, moved bus stop, and intermittent sidewalk closure.
- 1100 block Leah Drive: Intermittent Lane closures.
For additional details, contact the City of San Marcos Public Works Department at 512-393-8036.
CURRENT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
HOPKINS STREET | MAY 2020 — SPRING OF 2022
Hopkins Street between Bishop Street and Moore Street will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for a Street Reconstruction Project. Traffic will be detoured to Craddock at both ends of the project, with only local traffic allowed. Phase 4 is underway with local traffic closures from Blanco to Moore Street. The overall completion of the project is anticipated by Spring 2022. For more information call Richard Reynosa with the City of San Marcos Engineering Department at 512.393.8235.
UHLAND ROAD | MARCH 2021 — OCTOBER 2021
1396 Uhland Road to Aquarena Springs Road will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for a Road Reconstruction Project. For more information call Todd Keltgen at 512.212.7990.
GUADALUPE STREET IMPROVEMENTS | CURRENT – END OF SUMMER 2021
Sidewalk closed from Guadalupe Street at Martin Luther King Drive to the railroad crossing for reconstruction. Completion is expected by end of summer 2021. For information call New Age General Contractors, Inc. at 830-560-9077.
VICTORY GARDENS UTILITY PROJECT | AUGUST 1 – AUGUST 31 | 7 AM – 5 PM
The Victory Gardens Neighborhood will undergo a new underground utility installation. The street closure will affect Patton Street. For more information contact Darren with Cox Commercial Construction at 956.601.1645.
WEST SESSOMS DRIVE | AUGUST 3, 2021 – AUGUST 3, 2023
West Sessom Drive from LBJ Drive to Canyon Road will have single-lane closures for Boring Operations – Diego Ratchford – 512.250.8310.
IH-35 FRONTAGE ROAD | SEPTEMBER – NOVEMBER 2021
The IH-35 Frontage Road from Rio Vista Street to CM Allen Parkway will be reduced to a single lane for a Texas Department of Transportation Road Reconstruction Project. For additional information, contact Rohit Vij at 512-393-8133.