This is the time of year that all your taxing districts are voting on their upcoming budgets and tax rates.
Hays County Commissioners, Hays CISD, Dripping Springs ISD, San Marcos CISD, Wimberley ISD, the city councils in Buda, Dripping Springs, Kyle, San Marcos, and Wimberley are all deciding what your new tax rate will be on your property taxes and how much they will be spending in their budgets.
There’s an old saying, “all politics start at the local level.” Important decisions on rules, laws, ordinances, codes, and a large portion of our taxes are decided at the local level during meetings that most residents don’t give a second thought about.
The issues that affect your city, county, schools and every day of your life are discussed and decided on during these meetings. It is up to all of us to keep our local officials honest and shape the future of our county, school districts, and cities.
These weekly meetings, where important decisions are made for Hays County, schools and school districts and the surrounding local municipalities of Buda, Dripping Springs, Kyle, San Marcos, and Wimberley are listed below.
Each page includes links to the official agenda, meeting minutes, agenda packets and live or archived videos and/or audio (if available) for each of the government entities.
How it ends, begins with you…
• Meetings Scheduled for the Week of February 24, 2020 •
Click on the links below to view meeting agendas, agenda packets, past meeting minutes, links to where you can view past meetings and where to find the live streaming meetings!
Monday, February 24
• San Marcos Library Board Regular Meeting (5:30 PM)
• Dripping Spring ISD Board of Trustees Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• Hays CISD Board Of Trustees Regular Meeting (6:30 PM)
Tuesday, February 25
• Hays County Commissioners Regular Meeting (9:00 AM)
• San Marcos Planning & Zoning Regular Meeting (6:00 PM)
• Buda Planning & Zoning Regular Meeting (6:30 PM)
• Dripping Springs City Council Possible Quorum (6:30 PM)
• Dripping Springs Planning & Zoning Regular Meeting (6:30 PM)
• Kyle Planning & Zoning Special Meeting (6:30 PM)
• Kyle Planning & Zoning Workshop (6:35 PM)
Wednesday, February 26
• San Marcos Cemetery Commission Regular Meeting (5:15 PM)
Thursday, February 27
• NO MEETINGS SCHEDULED
Friday, February 28
• NO MEETINGS SCHEDULED
• No Meetings Scheduled for the Week of February 24, 2020 •
Buda City Council
Kyle City Council
San Marcos City Council
San Marcos CISD Board of Trustees
Wimberley City Council
Wimberley Planning & Zoning
Wimberley ISD Board of Trustees
*Note: Not all local government agencies are required to give prior notice of certain types of meetings, or agendas, agenda packets, meeting minutes or audio, video, or live streaming services on all sessions.