Sierra Martin | Managing Editor
On Tuesday, May 4 at 6 p.m. the San Marcos City Council will be holding a virtual meeting and discuss important issues such as implementing paid parking at river parks, amending the project plan for Tax Increment Reinvestment (TIRZ) and discussing forming a Covid-19 Recovery Council Committee.
A link to the complete meeting Agenda for Tuesday, May 6th can be found here.
Paid Parking at River Parks
Item number 30 on the meeting agenda is to hold a discussion on implementing paid parking at River Parks.
- Parks and Recreation Board of the City of San Marcos is supporting the resolution to require paid parking in the River Parks known as City Park and Rio Vista Park
- City Council members will consider approving the resolution and provide direction to the City Manager
Tax Increment Reinvestment (TIRZ)
During the Public Hearing portion of the City Council meeting, item 20 will provide a staff presentation and public comment period for amendments to the Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone No. 5.
- A TIRZ is a type of financing incentive that reimburses a developer’s eligible costs for approved infrastructure improvements. A developer may present a proposal to build infrastructure that would help increase the assessed value in that area to $60 million over a period of 15 years.
- Also known as the “Downtown TIRZ,” the Council will be discussing an ordinance to approve an amendment to the Tax Increment Participation Interlocal Agreement with Hays County to extend the city and county’s reduced contribution rate from 70% to 25% for an additional year.
- Read more about our TIRZ coverage here.
Covid-19 Recovery Council Committee
Persons wishing to participate (speak) during the Citizen Comment portion of the meeting must email email@example.com prior to 12:00PM the day of the meeting. A call-in number to join by phone or link will be provided for participation on a mobile device, laptop or desktop computer.